Wednesday 12 March 2014

Make Up Haul - Oops

Sooooo Priceline had like a huge sale on, 40% off all cosmetics, and I brought it upon myself to drag me and a friend to Priceline to stock up on some goodies. Buy stock up I meant I spent over $100 on make up.

And this is what this $100 expenditure now looks like in terms of make up.

I'd heard about these recently. The maybelline FITme foundation sticks. They have only been recently released, only a couple of weeks ago. I bought one a while back and its probably one of the best buys I've had so I felt the need to get another one while it was on sale. Its basically a foundation stick. Its not completely matte, but is shine free, so powder if necessary for your skin but otherwise its great! Really simple to use, light weight, great coverage and handy size to stick in your bag if needed. I got it in the colour 120 like I always use, but will probably use a light shade as my summer skin pales down.


I then picked up another FITme product which was the concealer. I've never used these before but heard from many other beauty gurus that they are very good to use. I've always stuck to what I know because I'm scared of what changing products could do, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try it. I have it in the colour sand as I found the lighter shade was too light for my skin

Again by maybelline I got the mineral powder. I use this in the colour classic ivory as I am a snowman haha umm basically I use this on day when my skin is good or if I just need a little bit of colour. Has really good coverage with just a little
Haha I feel like I have a theme going on, I also bought the maybelline falsies mascara because its only the best mascara ever and is needed by everyone! It doesn't clump and looks really natural, make your eyes lashes extra long! 
Under the reccomendation of many beauty bloggers and gurus, I finally bought the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. I've normally always used maybelline fit me liquid foundation, but recently I've found it to heavy and cakey. Bloggers such as Tanya Burr, Zoe Sugg etc always use this foundation in tutorials and say its like their absolute favourite drugstore foundation. So again, I thought I'd step out of my comfort zone and try it. I have it in the colour classic ivory. 
Next I got the face of australia blusher in a colour called hello dolly. Its a really cute pale pink button. It is very similar to the mac blusher dolly mix that Ariana Grande is known to wear. It is pretty cheap, long lasting and natural looking. Just buy it honestly, you won't regret it. 

Next I bought an Essie nail polish in the colour cute as button. Its a bright pink and is absolutely adorable. I don't really know what else to say about it haha apart from the adorable name and colour I love it. 
Another nail polish I also bought is one of my classic favourites was the Rimmel 60 seconds try nail polish in Ethereal, a shimmery pale pink. Cost about $4. Totally worth it. 
I picked up an eye shadow palette which I had been looking for, for ages. Its the physicians formula nude palette which is a small palette filled with natural shades of pinks and nudes and browns, really cute pack, bought it for I think $20??
The final thing I bought was the Revlon colourburst in juicy papaya. I saw Tanya Burr use this in a tutorial and fell in love. So I waited until the sale to buy. Its a beautiful peachy coral colour and I cannot wait to use it! 




Okely dokely, that is how I blew a paycheck in one go :)

haahaha 

yours truly

rachel xx 





0 comments:

Post a Comment